Thursday, June 17, 2010

Doddridge County Schools

 During my stint in Harrison County, I visited some of the surrounding county schools, Doddridge Middle and Elementary being two of them.  The Elementary appearance was a more low key appearance than many other schools.  I walked around to each 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classrooms and talked about the importance of doing well on the WesTest.  



















After that school appearance concluded, I walked across the street to the Middle School where the entire gym was packed and waiting on me.  As you can see from the picture below, there were a few boys that made a sign BY THEMSELVES out of printer paper and taped it all together so that it would stay up.  I was flattered and impressed that they would go to such lengths, and honestly, for boys work....it was really neat and organized!

VERY EXCITED!!!!

There we had a great time with the question and answer session and after the school counselor said it had been many years since they had had a Miss West Virginia visit their school.  She was so impressed with my presentation as well was the Miss WV Scholarship Organization, she asked when they could have myself or the new Miss WV back to their school!  So Rose...looks like we won't have to scramble to get Doddridge County back on the schedule for next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment