Friday, May 14, 2010

Mineral Co. CASA Memorial Service




With April being National Child Abuse Awareness Month, the Mineral County CASA, Court Appointed Special Advocates, decided to have a memorial service to commemorate yet another year serving children in the county.

The Middle School Teal of Steel band was in full swing, providing some great music to visit and dance to, as well as filling the courthouse lawn with interested bystanders.  I gave a short synopsis of how I got involved in CASA, why I chose child abuse and neglect as my platform, and what I have been able accomplish during my year that benefits the prevention of abuse and neglect. 

After speaking, I went over to the day care group that had assembled on the courthouse lawn.  After a few songs from the band, honorary CASA members raised the CASA flag in memory of those affected by child abuse and neglect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment