Friday, May 14, 2010

Final PASS Meeting


As I may have mentioned before, PASS, Partners in Assurance for Student Success, is the state organization that provides the funds for Miss WV to partake in a 100+ school tour during her year.  In the beginning of her year, she meets with the PASS Board and discusses her platform and what she hopes to achieve through her school tour.  At the end of the year, the PASS Board has Miss WV attend their last meeting before school is out to provide a recap of her school tour and year experiences.

Because I knew EXACTLY what I wanted out of my school tour, my first meeting with the PASS Board and its members was a piece of cake.  Well…..my last meeting wasn’t.  It became a realization to me that my year really was almost over, the school tour – the part I love the most – was almost over.  So during my speech I was able to get through most of it, but when I provided the number of days I had left to be Miss WV, I started to cry.  By the end of the emotional speech about my year being everything I wanted it to be, partly due to the PASS organization, everyone was crying, including Jack Wiseman, a seasoned veteran who serves as the President of the PASS Organization. 

It has been everything I wanted it to be….I have no regrets, only fond, fond memories and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment