Friday, May 14, 2010

Jenna Hager Bush - Girls Scouts Event


Throughout life we are blessed to cross paths with wonderful, talented, giving people.  Liz Raese is one of those people.  I received a call from her and one of her extended business partners/friends about possibly attending the Black Diamond Council Girl Scouts event with guest speaker Jenna Bush Hager. 

Many may know, but prior to Miss West Virginia, I worked for one year with the Bush administration and traveled with President and First Lady Laura Bush.  During that time I never did get to actually meet Jenna or Barbara, so I jumped on the opportunity.

Jenna spoke openly about her experiences overseas and work with UNICEF.  She related it to the encouragement of her parents to always be a person of service.  Just like the Girls Scouts Black Diamond Council, Jenna and Barbara at a young age were using their talents to help serve others in need.

She was a wonderful speaker and not only was I able to enjoy the company of Liz Raese, but also a former Miss West Virginia and my boss, Executive Director of Miss WV, Leah Summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment