Thursday, October 22, 2009

WV Trio Conference & Ravenswood First Baptist Church

I stayed up most of the night before the Trio conference downloading videos for my one hour presentation. I wanted to make the presentation meaningful and my topic was how to help educators see signs of child abuse, get the child to talk to them, and create a relationship with that child. So by 4:00am I had the BEST presentation and I couldn’t wait to present at 9:00.

9:00 o’clock rolls around and my powerpoint and videos won’t show up on the screen. So after about 15 people fooling with it while I went ahead with the presentation, I had to wing the 60 minutes. It actually went much better than I had expected once they told me it wasn’t going to work. After, I was asked to take pictures with the various different educators and was invited to three upcoming events to speak.

That evening, I spoke to the Ravenswood First Baptist Church in my recruitment for foster and adoptive parents out of foster care. This was my first church and I was anxious but also apprehensive. After 45 minutes of speaking and video presentation, at the conclusion I was asked by five people – five that I didn’t think even were benefiting from the presentation – to obtain further information on how they could be involved. God is good, and from there I felt another nudge from God saying “This is what I called you for, Talia.”

No comments:

Post a Comment