Sunday, March 21, 2010

MHS Charity Talent Show

Morgantown High School hosted their second Annual Mohawk Idol.  This is a fundraiser put on by the MHS Student Council and benefits the Mountaineer Spay and Neuter Assistance Program as well as WVU Children’s Hospital.  I was asked to judge and couldn’t wait for the talent to start competing.

In the Elementary/Middle School division there were 10 contestants – ages first grade through seventh grade.  In the High School division there were 12 contestants.  Some played the piano, some the guitar, some sang solo, some sang with friends and there was even a JUGGLER!  

Actually, this was one of the most, if not the most, entertaining and fun appearance I was asked to participate in.  I was super stoked to be a part and thought the talent from both age groups was phenomenal!

In the Elementary/Middle Age division there was a little first grade boy that sang and played the guitar.  Even though was the youngest participant, he WON!   He is pictured below and was adorable.

When asked what he was going to do with his prize money of $100.00, he shrugged and said, “Probably put it in my wallet!  I have $63 dollars already in there and I want to save it.”  I was in love then and asked him to spare a few dollars and take me out for ice cream afterwards.  He said he would if his sister could come along.  I about snatched him up and took him home then!

In the High School division the winner of $100.00 as well was a girl who sang “Part of the World” by the Little Mermaid.  I was a little skeptical when it started, just for the mere fact that this girl was a senior in high school singing a child’s song, but she was fantastic!  She really sold it and that is what set her apart from the others.  

Titleholder Gabriel Ash, Miss Doddridge County, was able to attend with me and we had a great time catching up!

No comments:

Post a Comment