Friday, October 30, 2009

Fairmont HOPE Domestic Violence Candlelight Ceremony

After speaking at the Supreme Court Child Abuse & Neglect training this summer, I was asked to speak and sing at the HOPE Candlelight Ceremony. HOPE is a domestic violence and sexual assault home in Fairmont, WV. The candlelight ceremony took place at Fairmont State University and was in remembrance of those who have suffered from either domestic violence or sexual assault.

I sang “With a Broken Wing” by Martina McBride and spoke for about 10 minutes concerning how my platform – Child Abuse & Neglect – was closely tied to domestic violence. Also talked about not letting one event or one life struggle define who you are going to be. After the speech a few individuals came up to me and said they really needed to hear that and I even recruited one volunteer for CASA. Great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment