Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WV Nazarene District Camp




Traveled to Summersville, WV on Monday evening to speak at the WV Nazarene Campground. This campground is where I always went to church camp as a child, had some of my earliest spiritual decisions made around that altar, and "family camp" in August is a family tradition where we all go to get revived, rested and fed by Grandma's great food. With my partnership with Massey Energy, I have the opportunity to speak to churches around the state recruiting for foster and adoptive families, so I wanted to approach my Nazarene churches with that opportunity. I spoke a few minutes about what my presentation would involve, and I took the "Heart Gallery" of children available for adoption to leave at the camp all week, in hopes that someone there may fall in love with one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment